Plasma University is a private non-profit
higher education institution which has built a name in Somali’s education sector with its remarkable accomplishments, The University is accredited by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education of the Federal of Somalia as a recognition and acknowledgment of its ability and competence to offer relevant education and promote highest standards for quality of teaching and research.
Plasma University was established 15th May 2005 as small institute of training Medical Laboratory Technician after years of reliable achievements the Board of Trustees
To be a leading world class university in East Africa that provides quality educati on relevant to the welfare of the society.
To prepare the next generation of skilled and ethical professionals by providing
able, high quality education and training appropriate for the context of the nation.
OUR CORE VALUES
The University’s activities and decisions are
guided by the following values: Relevance university on 2 July 2009 and since then it has grown and emerged strong, highly competitive and well respected leading university with high academic ranking positions.
PU AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Integrity Accountability Transparency Excellence Fairness
Concern others Leadership Lifelong Learning Creativeness
The university endeavors to accomplish the following goals:
- 1. Provide high quality academic and professional programs at all levels for the current and coming generations
- 2. Encourage research and developmental studies in various areas that addresses national issues and creates nation with strong intellectual and knowledge base
- 3. To produce skilled and knowledgeable personnel, scholars and leaders of high quality who can contribute to the reconstruction and development of the country
- 4. Conducting Community Education Programs by designing appropriate training packages for adults and adolescents whose education was disrupted by conflict, Aiming at bridging their education gap
- 5. To advocate for and participate in community services by serving as a specialized center for training, research, and consultancy aiming at improving the living standard of the Somali Community
- 6. Strengthening Internationalization by cooperating with other International partners;
universities to share resources, enhance productivity and advance knowledge
The University’s philosophy and its mission statement are complementary documents, while the mission statement focus on why the university exists the philosophy statement addresses how Plasma University seek to fulfill its educational mission.
Plasma University regards that every learner has unique character, talent and interest and should have equal opportunities to select and learn their specific fields /related career, based on their needs, interests and abilities.
Plasma University believes the students are internally motivated to work towards goals to which they are committed, when they are told in advance what they are expected to learn and why it is relevant for them to learn it.
Plasma University believes that the Student learns better when they have the opportunity to participate in providing input towards the learning content and activities. Therefore, as much as possible, should share in making decisions about their own learning.
PU STRATEGIC PLANE 2015-2020
Strategic planning is important to an organization because it is the road map which provides at sense of direction and outlines measurable goals. Strategic planning is a tool that is useful for guiding day-to-day decisions and also for evaluating progress and changing approaches when moving forward.
Plasma University’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan, is visualizing University’s future profile and the strategic areas which will be targeted in the next five years with in the context of the
Universities’ Vision & mission.PU has identified Six Strategic Key Performance areas which draws attention to excellence as an ideal:
E excellence in Academics (In Teaching & Learning , Research & Innovation) Excellence in Governance and Leadership Development
Sustain ability of Institutional Resources ( Human & Physical Resources )
Excellence in Marketing & Admission Strategies
Excellence in Community Service & Social Responsibility
Excellence in Internationalization & sustain ability Partners hips